Monday, March 3, 2014

New Work in Mixed Media Painting

What a winter - really feeling the cabin fever - I had a serious case of bronchitis followed immediately by gall bladder flare ups and then surgery - yuck.  That with the non - stop snow in Connecticut made for an awful winter - I cannot wait for spring. 

Since I haven't been able to get out much I did discover I was able to work on some small scale mixed media painting projects.  Normally I work in a large format - at least 14" x 16" or 20" x 20". 

One of the art centers where I teach Guilford Art Center in Guilford, CT  http://guilfordartcenter.org/

has a wonderful idea for a fundraiser called "The Art of the Cocktail". It features art the size of a cocktail napkin.  Arts center artists and teachers donate 6" x 6" sized art works for this fun evening fundraiser.  I had a great time working up these mini canvases for this fundraiser and then a good friend and fellow Wesleyan Potter  http://www.wesleyanpotters.com/







Contemplation ....gallery wrapped canvas 8x8 $275 available

 colleague Cheryl Tuttle came over with a box full of 8"x8" canvases for me to continue my in house painting explorations -                                         

No Fear..... 6" x 10"  $155



 
Fierce 6"x6" donated
 
 
6"x6"  Soul Beauty - donated
 
 
Angelic - 6"x6" - donated
 

No comments:

Post a Comment